Thursday, August 12, 2010

A New Beginning!

 Welcome to my NEW and improved blog… ok well I don’t know if it is improved but it is new!

So much in life has happened over these last two months since I have been absent, but it mostly can be summed up with one word… BUSY! There are many stories, great times, crazy hours worked, house projects and other things that I am excited to blog about, but first some business!

Many of you are probably asking why the change of blogs… well let me tell you! Over the past few months I have been contemplating why I blog and how I want to do this in the future! When we started the first blog, we were doing it in attempts to stay in touch with family that lives all across the country, in sort, kind of like a Christmas letter but updated more often. It then morphed into my outlet and I have learned to love writing what we are doing, what I am processing though and other things. I have been so overwhelmed with the many of you who have commented, sent me emails, and talked to me in person about something I wrote about. I am truly honored that anything I could say would have meaning to you or impact your life.

As I continue on, I want to continue to blog about life, marriage, house remodeling, and am honored to have your read. I love to interact with you, so please feel free to comment, email, or share posts with others.

So why the title “Diving In” you ask? Let me tell you about it…..

Over the past few months I have been doing some really good soul searching and have been really challenged by a thought… There are a few different ways we can live our lives, we can be pretend that nothing is wrong in the world and essentially have our head in the clouds, we can only see life as harsh, mean, unpredictable and let it bitter us, or we can dive in. Diving in means we don’t sit on the side of the lake and watch everyone else swim, we get in the water. We go through the hard times in life an come out stronger on the other side, we do not just settle for what is ok, but strive and search for the best in life. While this is a very simplistic explanation, this is what I want this blog to be about. Some days life is pretty great, and we go to bed laughing and with a great story to tell. Others we struggle through and crash into bed without energy to even cry. Then there are the days in between. All these days I want to dive into, to live fully in every moment.

As I move forward in this blog, that is my passion and goal. To be real, to share the funny, the hard, the pictures and stories and to dive into life. Ephesians 3:14-21 sums up well what I feel and want, to make Christ more and more at home in my heart and experience how wide, how long, how high, and how deep Christ’s love for me truly is.

So I invite you along on the journey and to “dive-in” to your own life. I pray that as I journey, you will journey with me as well.

When I think of all this, I fall to my knees and pray to the Father, the Creator of everything in heaven and on earth. I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will empower you with inner strength through his Spirit. Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong. And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is. May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God.

Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think. Glory to him in the church and in Christ Jesus through all generations forever and ever! Amen.



Coming Soon….

Yep, we started another construction project! (I bet you just can’t wait to hear all about it!)

Summer Vacation

Crazy Summer of Work

… And More!

No comments:

Post a Comment