I hate this. I really do. This week has been downright horrible. I won’t lie. Sorry, no happy go lucky blog post today.
This week started normal, they always do, don’t they? And then the storm hits and your are wiped off your feet. Monday was the good day, ironic, right?
Tuesday seemed to be a fair day, then the storm hit. First (and the smallest of things) I hit another car in a parking lot. It was stupid, I felt dumb, and yes, there was damage. I was backing up and could not see the other car since it was in my blind spot, but after the crash, I realized pretty quick what I had done. Really, in the scope of things, not a big deal, however it just helped the day week go down hill fast.
When I got home, my nose was greeted by an overwhelming smell… yes, dog diarrhea. And yes, this is about the fourth time in two weeks. Yes, it was disgusting, nasty, horrible, but what it meant was worse. Our old dog PD is twelve now, and we have been saying for a long time that his days are probably numbered. A little over a month ago I noticed he was having significant problems using the bathroom. The vet says he probably has a tumor in his intestines that is blocking them now, leading to the uncontrollable bowels.
The tumor is now growing and to the point where he is getting sicker everyday. It is killing me. I love PD like a family member, and I want to love him like he has loved us. Gosh, I can’t even type without tears streaming down my face.
We made the choice, it is time. We have a week before we say goodbye. How do you say goodbye to the best dog in the world? How do you know you have made the right choice? How do you tell a dog how much he means to you and how much you will miss him?
This week is tough, next week will be even harder. Saying goodbye is not easy.
My heart breaks for you guys. It is so hard! :(
ReplyDelete