So as you can tell, blogging has not been my top priority lately, and I do honestly miss it, but there is just not enough time to do everything.
This week I started my new job at Northwestern. I am an Academic Advisor for the Graduate and Continuing education department and so far I am loving it! It is so fun to have things like my own space, desk, computer, phone line and other things that I always shared with all the student workers before. I keep on joking with Phil that I feel like I got a big girl job. J
Phil is finishing his last week at his current company so he has been training in his replacement all week. Its very surreal that this big change will be coming so soon for him. Monday he starts at Wurth and will be in the office for a week before flying to Germany for seven weeks. I feel like the clock is ticking for our time remaining. Before he leaves in a week and a half, we are having three parties at our house, the yard is in desperate need of being raked, we need to finish the egress windows so our permit can be closed with the city, AND we both need to finish out projects for grad school. Oh yeah, and I would really like to spend some time with Phil before he leaves… I thinking something is going to have to give.
My sister Emily who lives in our basement apartment also started her full time job today! It was so cool to see how God totally took care of her by bringing this job for her. When we all got home from work today, we all had so much to talk about. Crazy change and transition for all of us.
I think the only thing that has not changed right now is the dog’s obsession with shoes. It seriously won't end. I really am the dumb one, because I keep on accidentally leaving shoes out for him to kill. I am seriously down to one pair of dress shoes now. I have been borrowing shoes from Emily the last few days. Tonight after class, I am going to run by Target and see if I can find some shoes without spending so much money… He knows what he is doing is wrong, he just seems helpless to help his puppy ways. Oh what to do?
Until grad school is done, I am sure I will not be a regular in posting as I would like, but this season will end shortly! Happy Wednesday!
No comments:
Post a Comment