Oh boy, it’s been a while! These last few weeks have been crazy with so many things going on and so much change happening… so here is the Readers Digest version!
- The weekend before Phil left we had two parties to celebrate him being done with Graduate school and his new job. It was so great to see family and hang out with friends before he left. With our friends we did a mock graduation ceremony that I can guarantee was much more entertaining that mine could ever dream of being! Phil was a great sport even when we made him put on his graduation robe and hat.
- Phil and I had an awesome date “day” the day before he left. We had some professional pictures taken down by the stone arch bridge and then enjoyed exploring the area. Phil leaving was harder then I think we both expected. Saying “goodbye” at the airport was miserable to say the least. The whole first day I could not stop crying, I was at work and even the littlest things set me off! However we are both figuring out what this season looks like and are adjusting more. Thankfully we have been able to talk more than we both expected!
- I finished grad school!!! I am so relieved to be completely done! It feels so surreal and a bit unnerving! I keep on feeling a panic that I have not gotten enough done and then remember that there is nothing else to do. Graduation is in a few weeks and I think that will bring some closure for my brain. It is amazing how quickly these two years went. There were so many points I just wanted to quit and be done with school, I am so glad I stuck it through and finished!!
- My job transition is going really well! I really love my new position and everyday feel like I am learning a little more. This is the last week I have where I am job sharing. I am sad to be leaving Student Development and the people there though. I am so thankful for so many good friends and co-workers I have made while working there.
Now that grad school is done, I am hoping to get back into the swing of blogging more! And maybe Phil will update some as well J
No comments:
Post a Comment