As I write this we are a few thousand feet over… well, probably Kentucky. Very exciting! OK, not really, but it is exciting to be on our way to the Dominican Republic.
Yesterday we spent the day packing and getting everything ready for the trip. We discovered early on in the trip that we only had two suitcases full of supplies instead of the four we were aiming for. So we all asked people on Facebook if they would be willing to help us fill 100 more pounds. It is amazing to see how God works. Before six last night we had all four suitcases filled, bringing our total to two hundred pounds of supplies for the orphanages down there. I am so grateful for those of you who helped us do this. It is hard to imagine not having such basic supplies like toothbrushes, but these things will mean the world to an orphan down there! Thank you!
Last night we invited some friends over for Friday night pizza night. We are so grateful for such good friends and a fun time before we took off. However, I hate packing with a passion, so I left more than I should have till after friends left, Phil and I finally turned the light off at 12:50am last night and got up at 3:00am to get to the airport in time. Needless to say, I am feeling a little groggy!
We will arrive in the DR this afternoon around 2:30 and get to wait in the airport a little longer for the rest of our team to arrive. We (Phil, my sister, my mom & I) are four of a team of fourteen total, and most got on a different [later] flight than we did. From what I know, we will head to the hotel we will be staying at, get settled in our rooms and have a team meeting later in the evening. On Sunday, it looks like we will spend time getting everything together for the week and visiting with sponsor children down there as well as going to a church in the evening.
I am excited to meet the team and get a better feel of what we will be doing while we are down there, right now I feel a little clueless, but know soon there will be more explanation. We greatly appreciate any prayers you send our way… a few things in specific are:
- · Safe travel (so good so far!)
- · Health while we are down there
- · Flexibility as we truly only have a outline of what we will be doing
- · Team cohesion (as far as I know, everyone is strangers with the exception of my family)
- · Family Understanding (Yep… we don’t always get along, surprise, I know :)
- · And so many unknown prayers!!
I am very excited to be able to blog while away and share this experience with you all. I will post again probable Sunday evening! Adios! (Yep, I am practicing my Spanish… it needs help!)
 |
| These are the bags of supplies YOU helped us fill! Thanks! |
 |
| A little sleepy... a little crowded, but on our way |
 |
| Phil packed us well, we figured we had over 700 pound extra in the car |
 |
| At MSP 4am |
 |
| Phil & I parked the car in long-term parking at terminal 2 and rode the train back |
 |
| We love the train... even at 4am! |
 |
| Phil grabbed the camera from me because he says I am never in pictures... so here i am! |
 |
| Train ride number two on our way to Terminal 1 |
 |
| On the flight from MSP to Miami |
Hey... hoping to see an update... praying for you all. Tracy
ReplyDelete