Tuesday, October 19, 2010

A weekend of Projects

I think I am starting to sound like a broken record… yes, we are always doing projects, no, they will never end! However, I should note that while projects are a lot of work, we love doing them! (Feel free to remind me of that when I am totally sick of other projects!)
Friday I was still in the organizational mode from our great organizational project the weekend before, so I decided to tackle another area of our house that was in need of attention. Phil was off having a “guy night” with his friends, so I had the house to myself. I am aware of how lame I sound when I say I choose to say home alone on a Friday night to organize, but like Phil said to me when he got home, “You had a really good night, didn’t you?” Yup, I did!
After the bathroom remodeling project all of the bathroom stuff was just thrown into the cupboards without any organization or plan. When I did this, I was just trying to get things at least in the room they belonged in.
The bathroom stuff when the bathroom was being remodeled

Step One: Pull everything out and put on dinning room table
Step Two: Organize everything into piles. I have found that using the dinning room chairs for piles works really well. It allows me to sort everything without piles getting mixed up.
Step Three: Once I had everything organized into piles, I figured out what storage items I would need. I knew that if I didn’t organize well the first time, everything would just become a mess again, so I made a run to Target for my supplies!
Step Four: Put everything into their new homes and enjoy an organized bathroom!
Before
After
Before



After

Before
After

No comments:

Post a Comment