Friday, October 8, 2010

Medtronic TC 10 Mile

You would think that with a whole week off of work I would have been able to post more, however my brain was just not into formulating thoughts, thanks to things beyond my control!
The race on Sunday went so well. I had been waiting for this day for almost a year, and for it to finally come was great. We started the morning very early because I needed to be at the starting line before six-thirty. Even though it was dark and quite cold, it was really exciting to have so many other people there getting ready to run the same thing.  

My jersey with my number pinned on

In the car on the way to the race, this is my scared face!

Beth & I before the race

Part of my cheer section! These guys are the best!


How could I not run well with this man cheering for me!?

Or this?

Water break along the course...

The race went really well, Phil and friends meet me at a few different places along the course to cheer my along. Whenever I would see them in the distance, the surge of excitement and energy I got was amazing. I was so thankful for their support! I truly was amazed at how much it meant to have them cheer me on! Around mile eight my knees started to really hurt, but there was no way I was going to let sore knees stop me from finishing the race!
About to cross the finish line!!
I ended up finishing in less then two hours. Not the best time in the world, but I told myself from the beginning that my goal was to finish and do my best, and I really feel like I accomplished that. After my crazy year of injuries, just being able to do this was a huge accomplishment. Next year I hope to be doing the marathon and know I have a year now to improve my times for races and am excited at the new challenge.
After the race trying to stay warm, but we are still smiling
As I was nearing the finish I was completely overwhelmed with everything that has happened in this last year of my life and how much effort it took to be crossing the finish line. When I finally got back to Phil after getting through the crowds, I just cried. It felt so good to have accomplished what I did and have the support of so many friends and family.
After the race we were able to watch many friends finish the marathon as well. I am so proud of these people! They trained so hard and did so well!
As many know, I did end up injuring myself after the race, but that is a story for another time! Today, I want to celebrate completing the race! Yippee J


The two of us on the left did the ten mile,
the two on the right did the full marathon!

Awesome friends who came out and supported me!

Celebrating

The "cheer" supplies


No comments:

Post a Comment