Yes, I know, who quits the gym in January? I mean really, don’t all Americans make resolutions to lose the extra weight or get in better shape? I guess we are breaking the norms this year.
We have been members at Anytime Fitness for close to two years an have loved out time there. We have made awesome friends because of it and I have been able to realize goals (like running races) that I maybe would not have before.
Our decision to leave the gym was not easy, but we decided to quit for a few reasons. The first is since I have started running races, I run outside when it is warm enough. A treadmill, while it serves its purpose just does not do the same thing. Now that it is cold I am not running outside, but to be honest getting to the gym is hard! By the time we get home from work and eat supper it is dark out and getting out to a cold car to get sweaty and then to go back in the cold is just miserable! (Yes, I am a winder wuss) The second reason is closely linked with the first, since we are just not getting to the gym much, we are not meeting our insurance requirements making it more money than we want to spend on something that we are not really using enough.
I am hoping to get a treadmill in the future for our basement. I feel like this would be a good in-between for me. Since I want to be outside as soon as I can, having a gym membership just does not make sense, but having the ability to run while staying in the warmth of my house would be something that I think would work really well for us! So my treadmill search starts… anyone have any good suggestions for where to look or what to get? I am hoping to not spend a ton of money, but also know that a decent one is important. Any suggestions are welcome!

No comments:
Post a Comment