I am not a big fan of New Years Resolutions, really it seems a little crazy to me that we make all these goals and for the month of January we start strong, but for most people by February all resolve is gone. Last year I was very frustrated by all the people who decided that getting in shape or losing weight was their goal. The gym was totally full everyday and by the end of the month, it was empty again. I have/am guilty of this as well! Last year I made a whole list of commitments and pretty much completely failed.
This year though, I am excited about the New Year. There is something refreshing about starting over that brings excitement and new life. But I have changed one big thing this year. Instead of making year long commitments, I am just going one month at a time. I think part of my problem is I set a goal for the whole year and then put it off until the end of the year, and then it is impossible by November so I just give up. So this year, I am making short-term, reasonable goals.
SO, ready for the first one? In the hopes of being more healthy, losing weight, and just learning better habits I am GIVING UP SUGAR!! Sick, I know. My outrageous headache that I have had basically all month now speaks to how much sugar I was actually eating. Boo… But, it is just a month… right? I have had so much crap put into my body this last year that I really want to clean house and focus on eating better. So far, by cutting out sugar I am amazed at how much less I am eating. Before when I would come home from work, it was just habit to grab something to snack on and it was normally something loaded with carbs and sugar. Now, I typically have a good meal and since I can’t have sugar, snacking has almost disappeared. It feels good to be succeeding at something (yes, I know it is only the 5th) and since it is only for this month, I know I can do it!!
I would love hear what your 2011 holds!
| The Girls on New Years Eve |
No comments:
Post a Comment