A few weekends ago Phil and I went snowshoeing with some of our really close friends, Charlie and Lindsay. Charlie had suggested it and found that you can rent snowshoes from REI for twelve bucks for two days.
The day we went it was beautiful with the temperatures a little higher and sun shining. It was not at all what any of us expected, but was still a lot of fun. I think I thought that it would be more like walking on clouds or air, but it was a little more work than that.
At one point I was in the back and my snowshoe got caught on a branch without me knowing it, and I literally did a complete face plant in the snow. I was laughing so hard, I could not get up. At least it was a soft fall! Oliver promptly took that opportunity to come and “rescue” me, aka, jump on and lick me!
Oliver though it was the best thing ever. Since we were out in the middle of nowhere, we did not have to have him on a leash. He loved running around us and playing in the snow. There were many places where the snow was deeper than he is tall. Every now and then, he would just lay in the deep snow to catch his breath.
It was great to be outside in fresh air getting great exercise, but even better was hanging out with great friends! We are so thankful for them and our other friends!
Since then, I am a little more motivated to find other ways that we can get outside in the winter. I am wanting to try cross country skiing again, so maybe in a coming weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment