Saturday, December 4, 2010

A Continuing story

Since my last post ended abruptly, I thought I would continue today.
Wednesday evening we drove out to Phil’s parent’s home in a snow storm. Normally it would take us about forty-five minutes to get there but this time is was almost a hour and a half. PD just slept in the back.
Once we got there it hit me like a brick. I felt like I could not breathe, that I was going to throw up, and like I just wanted to run. To run so fast that I would not have to say goodbye or do what we were doing. I thought that a week and a half later I would be able to talk about this without tears, I guess not.
Putting him down was horrible. Because of his tumors all the meds did not work like they should have, so the end was not peaceful like I had hoped. But he was loved until the end. I can’t imagine what it is like to lose a family member if a dog is this hard. Every time I come home, wake up in the middle of the night, sit on the couch, anything, I look for him.
The rest of the week with my family was amazing. I can’t even explain how happy it made me. On Friday we were able to celebrate my brothers 20th birthday along with my Grandparents and some good family friends. I just love having the house full of people and life. My mom made probably the best fajitas I have ever had as well… Seriously, I know I am a adult and have not lived at home for many years, but I really miss my moms cooking!
Friday afternoon after everyone had left we decided that since we will not be all together for Christmas that we would have our own celebration. Honestly, it made my year! Together we made cinnamon ornaments to hang on the tree. This is something Mom did with Emily and me when we were young and to all be adults doing this was a blast. And now we have tons of very special memories on the tree. (more on our cinnamon ornaments in a upcoming post!!)
Saturday we did more decorating and relaxing. I think that was the best part of our time together, no schedule, no jobs, no school (ok, we were all in denial about the school piece) just us together relaxing and being together.
Saturday night Phil ran to Best Buy and got the Wii version of the old Mario Brothers game. My mom, brother, Phil and I ended up playing for quite a while. I think that is the first time I have ever played video games with my Mom, and it was a blast.
Sunday my brother left on an earlier flight and then Mom and Marta on a afternoon flight. It was so hard to say goodbye! I managed to not completely cry in the airport, in the car was a different story. It’s hard being so far away from them, but I am so thankful for the gift of them being here.
This week has goon really fast, I can’t believe it is all ready Friday. We have been really busy with work and school. Phil and I both had a paper and a huge project due on Wednesday that consumed a lot of our time. Thankfully we are now done with that class and are moving onto the third from last!
Happy (snowy) weekend!
(and for those of you who do not live in Minnesnowta, we are told we will have at least six inches on the ground before morning! Can you say sledding with the puppy?! I can!)

No comments:

Post a Comment