On December 4th, Phil, Emily and I ran the Reindeer Run around Lake Harriet. The night before we had another big snow storm (well, what we thought was big until this last BIG storm) so the whole course was packed with snow and a little slippery.
When the race started, there were so many people and such a little space plowed that you could not even run. It took quite a while for the crowd to loosen up and the running to begin. Once it did, it was a really great run and SO beautiful with all the new snow.
I think I am going to take a month break from running races. I can feel that my knee is still healing and I want to make sure the injury is totally healed before I run any more, and lets be honest, running a race in January just does nothing for me!
Why does Emily look so cold? It was a beautiful day! :-)
ReplyDelete