As promised, the second edition of our Christmas preparations! Other years I have really enjoyed decorating, but this year we have had even more fun getting ready. Maybe it is because I have finally figured out how to love the season without hating the weather, or maybe because Phil and I are really enjoying starting new traditions. Either way, it really has been a lot of fun!
Our tree this year is so special to me, every time I look at it, I smile because I remember the fun we had creating all the decorations. My younger sister also made these awesome wooden blocks that say “Buckles” all decorated for Christmas. I love having personal things with meaning behind them!
One of my good friends came over last weekend and we baked an unreal amount of Christmas cookies as well. We made six different kinds and doubled each recipe. I thought I would never be able to get rid of them all, but I have brought cookies to about everything I can think of and given them to neighbors and they are slowly disappearing.
And what would be a blog post without some silly picture or video of the puppy? (I have said that before huh?) After playing the snow with Oliver on Saturday we realized that his paws were getting packed with snow and raw from salt and very cold. Since he is mostly indoors, he just does not have the chance to get used to the cold. Sunday we decided that we needed a different training collar for him and also wanted to see if we could get him boots. (Yes I know… we are crazy). After going to two different pet stores and trying different ones on him (yes, he came with and we tried them on him!) we decided that nothing was quite right. So we ventured over to REI where I knew they had some as well. Since you typically cannot bring dogs into stores, but we did not want to buy without seeing if they worked, I ran in to ask if he could come in. I was really surprised that they were totally ok with it!
So many people got a kick out of us. It was like trying to find shoes for a three year old. We were both sitting on the floor of the store while Oliver was distracted by EVERYTHING while we were trying to get the boots on. In the end, we found a pair that worked really well, and he actually really likes them. (Want them for your dog? You can find them here! http://www.rei.com/product/74745)
When we got home, he had so much fun playing in the snow and they worked super well, I would recommend them highly so far! Once he is old enough to starting running with me, they will work really well so that his paws to not rub raw.
I know, two videos, a little excessive, but they were both so funny, I could not leave one out!
I know, two videos, a little excessive, but they were both so funny, I could not leave one out!
Happy Monday!


No comments:
Post a Comment