Saturday, December 11, 2010

Snow Day!


OK, well, if it were a weekday, it would totally be a snow day! We have known all week that we were getting to have a huge snowstorm this weekend, but when it had not started snowing by nine last night, I started to have my doubts. This morning when we woke up, we were greeted by almost a foot of snow, and it was still coming! By noon EVERYTHING in the cities had closed (ok maybe not everything, but almost everything!) even our church called off their services at all campuses.  Phil was supposed to be doing lights this weekend, so when I found out he would not be leaving, Oliver and I did a happy dance in the living room! Turns out it is a really good thing since we literally cannot get out of our garage right now. (my guess is we are up to two feet of snow, but because of the wind there are drifts higher then my waist!)

After fully taking advantage of a Saturday snow day (aka, lying on the couch under many blankets) we decided to venture outside and see if we could dig out. After a few unsuccessful tries with the snow blower we tried shoveling, but the wind was still whipping the snow around so much that you would shovel and right away it would fill back in. And since it is still coming down (and is not supposed to stop until midnight) we decided that if we were going to make any progress a snow blower or plow was the only way.

Thankfully our neighbor across the street who is house bound is letting us borrow hers. I am feeling a little guilty right now because I am on the couch snuggled under a blanket and Phil is out snow blowing still! I do have a good excuse… Oliver was getting really cold and he needed to get inside… and really, snow blowing is not a two person job… right? Phil is awesome, what would I do without him? Oh, I know, I would be stuck in my house until May when all this snow melts away :)
This picture was taken this morning when there was not as much snow. Now you cannot see Emily's car, it is literally a bump in the snow!


Oliver LOVES the snow. We played for a really long time. there are times when all I can see is him jumping through the snow because it is over his back.


I am off to make a warm dinner for Phil when he comes in, it’s the least I can do!

No comments:

Post a Comment