Today marks the start of our week long birthday celebration for Phil. Yes, I know it seems a bit much, but really, turning 25 is a big deal!
Since Phil’s birthday lands on a holiday weekend, we thought it would be hard to have a party on his actual birthday since most people are out of town, so I decided that we would have a party the weekend after so that all his friends and family could help us celebrate. Because his birthday is on Sunday, I decided to declare this whole week birthday week.
Last night we started by having the first cake of many (Phil LOVES cake…). The company the Phil works for sends their employees cakes for their birthdays, so Phil got his yesterday. I took pictures, but I forgot to bring my camera to work today, so you will just have to imagine a really beautiful cake with butter cream frosting and cookies and cream filling… AMAZING
This weekend we are going to do a bunch of relaxing and on Sunday get to go to the Twins game! Phil won tickets from his company for box seats, so we will be watching in style. We are both really excited to be in the new stadium and celebrate his birthday there.
Then a week from today we are having family and friends over for a party. I am getting a little crazy with the planning, but am having SO much fun doing it. It is a Mexican theme with Mexican food. I am headed to the party store hopefully today to find some great things (I hope), top on my list is a large sombrero for Phil to wear. I am sure I am going to embarrass him, but really, that’s what birthdays are all about!
Hope you all have a great Labor Day weekend!
Happy Birthday week Phil! I love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment