Thursday, September 2, 2010

A sad admission…

So here is the deal, I love summer, I love warm air, sleeping with the windows open, leaves on trees, flowers blooming, the smell of fresh cut grass, and everything else that comes along with the summer season. However I must confess something, this is very hard for me to say, but the truth must be known… I can’t wait for the first frost of the [fall] season. I know, I can’t believe I just said that either. However at this moment I feel like I am choosing between summer and sanity!

No, I don’t really want summer to be over or the pretty flowers in my garden to die, however I do REALLY oh so bad want a good hard frost so I can breathe again! This season, I guess because of how warm it has been allergies have been out of control. I normally can fend of my allergies with my daily dose of Allegra and completely forget about sneezing, runny nose, swollen eyes, itchy throat… but not this season. I have doubled up on my allergy meds and STILL feel like I am going to scratch out my eyes! I am even having a hard time touching the dog (who I am normally never allergic to) because as soon as I do it sends me into a fit of sneezing that I can’t get over.

Last night we had a fairly large thunderstorm, and like normal the dog freaked out. The only thing that calms him down when he gets like this is to let him on the bed next to you. Last night he was trying to get up on the bed and from just pushing him down I was sent into a fit of sneezing and itching… Poor dog, just wanted me to comfort him…

Anyone have any great remedies so that I can enjoy the end of summer?

1 comment:

  1. Well, the worst thing to do is sleep with the windows open. All the pollutants get in your house... bedding, carpets, etc. Air conditioning helps a lot. My son Matthew noticed a big difference when the air conditioning was working again at his house. When you have to be outside, taking a shower right away when you come in will help also. I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete