A Note of Follow-Up from yesterdays post: I realized in my excitement of sharing with you, I didn’t let you know how you could get stuff to me and when we are going! We are leaving October 23rd and coming back October 30th, If you would like to help fill my suitcase please send me an email and we can figure out how to get the stuff. I am so excited to partner with you to help these kids in the DR! khbuckles@nwc.edu
___________________________________________________
This last Saturday Phil and I along with a good friend and my sister all ran the “Run with a Mission” 5k for Union Gospel Mission. It was so much fun and a great opportunity to support a really good cause… (can you tell I am a sucker for good causes?)
Emily and I ran almost the whole race side by side, we were also wearing matching shirts, and I am sure looked more like twins than ever. We passed a few people and I didn’t understand why they were looking at us like we were cute puppies, then I remembered we were dressed the same and I am sure it was obvious we were twins.
After having Emily gone all summer, I had forgotten what it was like to be out in public just the two of us. We get so many looks and people whispering “look, twins!” It really cracks me up! When we were younger it would have really bothered me to have people look at us funny and whisper about us, now I just think it is funny!
I am feeling really ready for the TC Medtronic 10 mile race this Sunday… running these last few 5k’s have really helped my know what to expect for race day and I feel as ready as I will ever be! If you would like to come support me, I would love to see you there. Having people cheer you on means the world, and I would be honored to have anyone there. Phil will be meeting me along the course to give me GU and cheer me along, you are welcome to join him and his groupies!
I need one of those shirts! Seriously though, they are amazing.
ReplyDelete