Sunday, March 27, 2011

Changes

It’s funny to me that the moment you feel like life has settled down a bit all the sudden everything seems to be in the air again. When we found out Phil got the job, my initial thought (besides being so happy) was, “finally, some stability!” Obviously I am eating those words.
I have been very content in my position at Northwestern College, but also know that it was not what I wanted to do forever. In the end of February I was approached about a position that had opened in Graduate Studies at Northwestern. So I applied just to see what would happen and was offered the job a few weeks later. It was a really hard choice for me, but after a lot of prayer and thought I accepted the position. I am very excited for what I will be doing and the change to come. Both Phil and I start our new jobs on April 11th… I guess we will have a lot to talk about that night J
It is crazy how God plans everything out in such a cool way. He has answered so many prayers in our lives these past few months, I am really blown away at all he has done. Even though I was not praying about my job or a new job, God was still opening doors.
These next few weeks are continuing to be crazy. This last class we are in is completely overwhelming me. I know that it will get done, but right now it is hard to even find the brain space I need to think about it. Since Phil is leaving for Germany, he has one week less to do this class in. We only have four weeks left, so I guess I will do my best and just be happy to be done.
I am finding that every moment Phil and I are together I want to enjoy and appreciate. I know that the time he will be gone will fly by and it helps a lot that I will be able to visit him while he is there. I am just sad to not have him around! The past few weekends Phil has been gone teaching a lifeguarding class all day Saturday and Sunday and I keep on thinking that this is what it will be like when he is gone. Its lonely without him, even doing routine chores around the house is just not as much fun without him. We decided that we wanted to be intentional about spending time together until he leaves so we have been enjoying going out on more dates and just spending more time together.
 This week hopefully will be productive or at least better than last week. I was on jury duty all week making it a very frustrating week of sitting in a room unable to get things done. The few weeks I have left at my current job are going to be really full and I am excited to start transitioning! Monday here I come, ready or not!

No comments:

Post a Comment