Today we went over Marnie’s house and mainly worked on her garden while finishing up some undone works on the house. We had a beautiful blue sky accompanied by a bright shining sun, which burned my skin. I signed up for this trip at the last minute, but still expected the leader to tell me important facts about the trip, such as me being the ONLY GUY in the group!! You would think that I was about to live every man’s dream (warm weather, beach, women…) , but after knowing that I became really close to quitting the trip. I now am really glad I came to experience this because I have absolutely loved every single day of it. It humbled me down, and allowed me to see God work thru so many different ways. I am mainly introverted but feel like I met the most people out of this group; I never knew how impactful I could be in someone’s life. I felt favored by all the children I worked with and easily conversed with the other college and high school students I encountered. I met a kid next door, played basketball with him a couple of times and his mother already told me of how much he talks about me at home.
One of the hardest things might be leaving the kids I met. They already cried when they knew I’d leave and be back the next day so I can’t imagine their reactions when we leave them on the last day of this trip. I got to share the gospel with a lot of people and think that I’ve planted some seeds; I now pray that God would water and maintain those seeds to turn them into big trees, bearing fruits for the glory of God.
No comments:
Post a Comment