It’s me again; hope you enjoyed hearing a different perspective from our trip! I know it was really fun for me to read what the students had to say and how they were processing!
The trip was so amazing, not just the things we got to see or the sunny 70 degree weather, but the relationships we formed as a team. I was truly honored to lead such a great group of students. Their lives and stories challenged me and it was an honor to walk beside them through this trip. More than ever I feel like God showed me where my calling and passion is through this trip! Working with college age students is where I feel all my dreams, gifts, passions and abilities align. It was very sweet to have that shown to me again.
Though I missed Phil a ton and was super happy to be with him again, I miss the craziness of all the people together and the memories we created. The house we were staying in was super small for fifteen people and the bathrooms even smaller for that large of a group, but we all got along so well it worked out well. I seriously feel spoiled to have a whole big bathroom to myself now… I keep on waiting for someone to knock on the door and ask to come in J
Being home, reality has hit me like a ton of bricks though! These next three months are hectic and crazy, especially these next six weeks. Tomorrow night Phil and I start our LAST class for grad school that will last six weeks. Though it is only six weeks it will be the hardest class we have taken so far, so I am a little anxious to get it started and know what I need to do.
The biggest news in our life is something that I have been really excited to share for a while, but we were not able to, until now! Phil has been in a temporary work position for about two years and has been applying for many jobs over this time. He has had countless interviews but nothing has panned out. Through this whole time, our faith and trust is Christ has grown SO much and we are very thankful for that. However the job search has now ENDED because Phil was offered a position at a company that seems like an awesome fit!
When Phil called me to tell me they offered him the position, I just cried. This road has been so long, but we see so clearly how God lead him to this position now. We are both so happy about this change and know God’s plan is so much bigger than ours! Because we did not want his current employer to find out until he gave his notice we had to be fairly careful about who we shared with, however now his employer knows and he has signed his contract!
There are lots of details that we are working through, the biggest however is that because the new company is a German company, Phil will be going to Germany for 6-8 weeks of training starting end of April! I am so excited for this opportunity he has but will miss him a lot! Our plan is that in June I will go over for a week or so to spend with him and explore Europe. Though it will be hard, we both see so clearly God’s hand guiding us and are so excited for the future and what that holds!
No comments:
Post a Comment