Friday, March 18, 2011

Ramblings of Life

·         Ok, I love our dog. He is so sweet, cute, smart, snuggly, protective… all the things a good dog is. HOWEVER… lately I want to scream at that cute little puppy face… and maybe have… You see he learns really fast [most of the time]. But there is one thing that is driving me nuts and his price tag is quickly going up. He LOVES shoes. LOVES! Like there is nothing that will stop him from having a nice little snack from our shoes. I am ready to string the little guy up. We are really careful about not leaving shoes out, but whenever we forget they are GONE, like totally destroyed. So far he has destroyed at least six pairs of sandals, three pairs of shoes, and two pairs of slippers, and two pairs of dress shoes. SERIOUSLY, he is going to need to get a job to pay for all of this! I am literally running out of shoes to wear! HELP! We have tried two different types of sprays that are supposed to keep puppies from chewing, and they have not deterred him one bit. (and trust me, they taste bad, I accidentally got some on me… yuck!) Whenever I find he chewed another, I yell at him like a crazy women, and he sulks and pouts for like a minute and then moves on. Anyone have any better ideas to help end this REALLY BAD HABIT?!?!
·         I am fairly sure that we are going to go crazy… We were reading a book together the other night that said if you are committed more than two nights a week your are overcommitted… So what does that mean if you have every night committed? Oh wait, I know… CRAZY KATIE! The problem is right now there is nothing to cut out, so we will push through… only 5 weeks more of grad school…
·         After a lot of discussion we decided that Phil will not be able to come back from Germany for graduation… super sad! We would have to pay for the ticket (they are around $1,500 right now) and he would only be here for less than 48 hours. Needless to say, we decided that though we really wanted him to be able to be at graduation, it was not worth the cost and we would rather spend that money on a ticket for me to come see him in June. We still do not know the details of when he is leaving or coming back, so we are waiting to book my flight until we know that. It looks like he will either leave the 17th or 24th of April and will be there 6-8 weeks. I am seriously going to miss him!
·         I have the house remodeling itch again… I am well into the process of planning our summer projects! I only wish we could start sooner, however with Phil gone, it’s just not practical. Maybe while he is gone I will start on some small things… We are planning on re-finishing all our hardwood floors along with all our trim, I am so excited for how it will look in the end!
·          I am once again training for a race. This time I am running a half-marathon on June 5th. This week was the first week of training and started off pretty rough, however my run yesterday went really well and it is great to be working toward a goal again! This weekend I have my first “long run” (or not so long) of 4 miles. It should not be bad, and I am hoping to be able to do it outside. Emily is also training for the same race, its nice to be doing it with another person! Phil wanted to as well, but Germany just got in the way.
Ok, I think my rambling is done for the day. Hope you have an awesome weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment